Tuesday, July 31, 2007

July Update

According to The Plan I was supposed to have completed the following in July:

1. Finish Indians, make moulds and cast

2. Paint Bolsheviks inc. SPAD (buy some MGs, Mounted Officers for C-in-C/Staff officers, Commissars, etc.)

I haven’t even started modeling any Indians… I have a feeling my game planned for Fallcon will probably not be included a force from the Army of British India, but rather an interventionist force of Canadians (wearing Fourth Division patches…. Because they’re… well… already done..!).

I did finish off the Chinese this month (of course that was one of June’s tasks…) and I did finish modeling the Bolsheviks and started casting and painting a few (well okay I STILL haven’t fixed the arm on the Bolsheviks officers master, and I haven’t made moulds for the other two which are complete… maybe later this week…).

Here are a few of the things I’ve finished up in the last week.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


One units worth of riflemen finished… only 7 or 8 units to go… (the commissar is from Coppelstone Castings).


One MG team/unit, again Coppelstone Castings.


Still more Coppelstone Castings; some more commissars and a Bolshevik Heroine.


The mounted version of Baron von Ungern-Sternberg (guess what? Coppelstone Castings).


I finished of a unit of French Foreign Legionnaires from Artizan Designs


Finally a famous duo from my childhood comic reading days; Tintin and Captain Haddock (the Tintin figure is from Copplestone Castings Sleuths pack from the Gangster line, The captain haddock figure is a modified SAS figure from Artizan Designs - I have to admit I got the idea for using this figure from someone else – I can’t remember where… some link posted on TMP’s forum – I actually modeled the turtle-neck however…

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

More Contemptible Little Armies Central Asian mayhem!

2 comments:

  1. I guess if I visit Saskatoon, I'll have to bring my Corto Maltese & Raspoutine minis. Tintin vs. Corto, imagine the possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Tim,

    Stuff is all looking good. Let me know if you need an army of British India to intervene at Fallcon, the entire force is sitting on the shelf, ready to go!

    I'm about half-way through Hopkirk's Great Game, building up more and more inspiration for the big event!

    Cheers

    Will

    ReplyDelete