Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Gentlemen, Creepy Assistants, and a Lady

I finished up a few more 18th Century types last night…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


These three are from West Wind Productions Gothic Horror line – The Headless Horseman collection – They were either from the Icabod Crane and companions or Town Elders packs… I can’t remember just off the top of my head. I added the cuffs to the two gentlemen and have painted them up as French and British officers – to use in tomorrow nights Battle of Jumonville Glen scenario I have cooked up.

The French officer will be Joseph Coulon de Villiers, Sieur di Jumonville – who I believe would have been an officer in the Companies Franches de la Marine (hence the blue cuffs, breeches and waistcoat). According to his Wikipedia Entry he had been present in New France during the War of the Austrian Succession so I imagine he would by 1754 be a seasoned bush fighter and dispensed with the usual trappings of a continental officer as this figure has (wigs, fancy hats, swords, etc).

The Redcoat will be Major George Washington. I have no idea if he ever wore a redcoat such as this, or would have been wearing a powdered wig in the bush… I kind of doubt it… but I don’t have any other appropriate figures at the moment so this will have to do.


A couple more “Creepy Assistants” from Old Glory’s “Fat Governor and Creepy Assistants” pack from their Pirate line…

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

The Battle of Jumonville Glen – A Savage Worlds: Showdown skirmish scenario.

No comments:

Post a Comment