Thursday, September 25, 2008

North Vietnamese

On Monday I decided I should, over the next month of so, run through all the scenarios in my Skirmish Campaigns Screaming Eagles at Hamburger Hill book. So I guess I’d best get painting all the PAVN figures I have. I sort of got away with using Viet Cong on the first game because it was a small clash with some “trail watchers” – a task I imagined could have been tasked to some local guerillas.

I’ve been wanting to finish up collections recently and, in particular, finish up the Vietnam stuff.

Maybe this will get me hyped to run a Tour of Darkness Campaign…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


Here is the first batch of PAVN. These guys are from West Wind Productions. I need a second squad of these for Monday nights game - along with six two man bunkers!? (gave away some secret information if any of my players are paying attention…) I should also try to finish up the HMG team as it is an optional extra.

I debated for some time whether to paint these guys in khaki or green – indeed the dilemma is probably part of the reason why it took me so darn long to get around to them. In the end I decided on green simply because the pith helmet I have is green… so…

I just got another pack of Mongrel Miniatures in the mail and they are as lovely as the last bunch… so they may prove to be a bit of a distraction this week… It shall test my resolve to the extreme (Stay on target… STAY ON TARGET!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment