Friday, January 16, 2009

Picts and Hobbits and…

A busy couple evenings… I finished off my Halfling Militia contingent, the last of my Hairy Pictish naked fanatic-types and some “lurkers” for an irish army of some sort…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


Here is the whole of the Halfling Militia contingent. These are a mix of old Grenadier miniatures and some Copplestone Castings (all of which were sculpted by Mark Coppelstone…). The two new stands are on the left.

I'm still not entirely sure what I'd classify them as in HOTT. I'm leaning towards "Warband"... on maybe "shooters"...? I just can't see halflings as being "expendable" enough to classify them as "Hordes".


The last of the Nekkid Warrior Fanatic Warband-types for my DBA/HOTT pict army. I’m going to take a break from these now and get back to the armies I need for my gaming weekend in June…


Here’s their backsides to show off the tartan-ish capes.

I think I have subconsciously abandoned my plans to build 28 mm Warmaster Ancients armies and just stick with the DBA (perhaps building Big Battle forces…). I had been organizing all my forces in units of three stands for when I ever got around to painting enough toys to play Warmaster. I had enough figures to make three stands of these… I even organized them as such when they first arrived in the mail – pleased that it had worked out so perfectly; there were three stands of archers, three stands of these guys and some multiple of three of spearmen… but as I got working on them I got so excited about planning DBA and HOTT armies I ended up using two on the stand for the HOT(T) Druidic/Pagan/Pictish Priestess and based the remaining two individually to use in skirmish games….

It is a SIGN!!


I couldn’t resist these… I saw the pack and immediately thought they’d make a great stand of “Lurkers” for an Irish army of some sort… The figures are from Reaper Miniatures.

1 comment:

  1. hordes of hobbits? LOL

    I really like the way you did the plaids with the dark line under the lighter line! I'll have to remember they way you did these the next time I paint plaids.

    ReplyDelete