Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Fightin’ Uruk-Hai

Here’s a small batch of Fightin’ Uruk-Hai from Isengard. I picked them up off ebay recently (they arrived yesterday), so I have only these. I’d like to pick up some more. I like the figures and they paint up QUICK!

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


The two new stands are the ones in the front; Blades on the left (of the picture), Spears on the right. Once again, these are Lord of the Rings figures from Games Workshop.

So far I have:

2x Warband
2x Shooters
1x Blade
1x Spear

That’s half of an army for Hordes of the Things right there. I have one warg rider and another in the mail (metal ones) and I’d like to pick up a box of the plastic ones which would give me 4x Beasts (assuming only 2 will fit on a base…). At some point I’d like to pick up a box or two of Fighting Uruk-Hai to give myself some more options for foot. I also have a spare Saruman and Grima Wormtongue figures to make a Magician stand (If I ever wanted Saruman to come down from Orthanc and fight with his mob in the field…).

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:
Normans… no, really…

4 comments:

  1. Dammit, you have made me want to do HOTT again. I think I have lost the rulebook, sigh.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about that...

    Well if you remember most of the rules you could probably get away with a QR sheet from The Stronghold?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pikemen are plastic, right? How do you find the pikes? I was concerned about them breaking but they do sit much straighter than metal ones (which bend all over the place). Nice paint job!

    Bob in Edmonton

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, they are plastic. One broke in the mail. One is bent - try bending a plastic pike back to straight. At least metal ones bend a bit easier that way.

    My preference is wire pikes and as these break off (as I'm guessing they inevitably will) I'll replace them with wire. The sharp bit at the end might not look quite as cool... but...

    ReplyDelete