Sunday, March 8, 2009

Not Riders

I was working on horsemen last night…. I just happen to finish THESE because they were there and… well… they were really EASY! It’s good to throw in some really easy stuff from time to time – a finished figure is a finished figure no longer haunting the “To Be Painted” pile and adds to the general sense of accomplishment.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


The Assasin on the left is an old, old, OLD Ral Partha figure (I think…) that I recently stripped and repainted. Gandalf is, of course a more recent Games Workshop figure that I also stripped and repainted…. I got it in a trade… it was fully painted and most would say it was a decent enough paint job – some might argue it was “better” than my paint job – depending on their particular prejudices towards different styles of painting. I didn’t’ think it really “matched” my own style…. So into the pinesol bath it went!

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:


I AM working on the horsemen!!! And the Dwarves!

4 comments:

  1. Back in the day I remember using that assassin figure for my D&D character... could never figure out why nobody in the parties I was a member of trusted me! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff! Love the workbench shot!

    n.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tim,

    I have been following your blog for a couple of weeks now, and I am enjoying it immensely. Your painting speed is unbelievable! just a quick question on this post though - What make are your Norman cavalry?

    Little Odo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers lads!

    n. - Yeah, I like looking at the backgrounds in other peoples pictures seeing how they set up their gemas rooms or workbenches, what paints they use, etc. Maybe I'm a closet voyeur, or something. I was actually just checking out your workbench pics the other day and thought it's been a long time since I included one on my blog...

    Odo- The Norman Cavalry pictured on the Workbench in this post are Gripping Beast. The finished ones pictured elsewhere on this blog are Old Glory.

    ReplyDelete