Monday, March 22, 2010

More Marauders

A couple more mercenary recruits for Morgan’s Marauders.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


The dude with the heavy flamer is a Imperial Guard Catachan sniper from Games Workshop (pictured here entirely without their permission!). The other five are are Viridian Commandos from I-Kore’s Void game, currently available from Scotia Grendel.

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Silence...

Well not really... I am probably going to take a break from painting for a week to work on some other projects; some long overdue bike maintenance, building some easels for me and the kids to paint at, updating the other blogs, sorting, tidying... that sort of stuff.

6 comments:

  1. Excellent paint jobs as always :)

    More Sci-Fi this year?
    I was hoping to see those big elephants from last year make it across the painting table

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah...

    I think I'm going to take a week off and get some other stuff done and take stock and try to come up with some sort of plan... Not a full stock-taking like last fall... just have a look at what projects could be finished up in the shortest amount of time and yield the most fun play time options...

    Elephants... hmmmm... I'd love to get into that but I'm starting from nothing there... well... one elephant...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking group Tim, How do you like the Savage World ruleset ? I was looking into the basic rule kit ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Savage Worlds. I use it for all my skirmish gaming. I've used it for fantasy, ancient/medieval, 18th Century, colonial/VSF, Great War, Pulp, WW2, Vietnam, other modern conflicts, superheroes, and sci-fi.... I've even used the vehicle rules to play sailing ship battles... We ignore some stuff, add rules for specific periods where necessary....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome .... and it is Savage Worlds Explorer set no ? Or there another rule set I should be looking at ....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the earlier hardcover version... but the explorer's edition has pretty much the same stuff with a few revisions and changes (that we have adopted).

    You can download the skirmish version of the rules from the publishers website:

    Savage Worlds: Showdown

    or a "Test Drive" of the RPG version:

    Savage Worlds: Test Drive

    There's loads of other useful items on the PEG Download Page

    Also check out Savage Heroes for loads of free conversions and fan generated stats for all sorts of stuff.

    ReplyDelete