Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Kelly’s Heroes


I have to admit I’m a sucker for miniature character ripped off from movies, literature and other popular culture media… I have The Foundry’s ”B Team” (though I haven’t painted them yet)…. Tintin and Haddock (though the figure I used for Haddock wasn’t so much an “homage” as the others and required some conversion)… I have more than one pair of Holmes and Watson… Probably others that I can’t think of off the top of my head.

Anyway I picked up the “Big Joe and Co.” pack from Artizan Designs ages ago (pretty much as soon as it was available)… but have only just gotten around to painting it…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


As mentioned These are from Artizan Designs.

I’m not really sure WHY I bought htem… it’s not like I’m ever going to go out and buy a couple Tiger tanks and a Sherman and a pile of American infantry to do a Kelly’s Heroes scenario…


While I’m at it… I’m not sure if I have a picture of Tintin and haddock together. The Tintin figure is from Copplestone Castings and the Haddock figure is actually an LRDG figure form Artizan Designs, which I converted (I have to admit I had seen someone else using the same figure as Haddock but can’t remember where to give them their due credit… sorry…).

I’d also like to find some figures that would be useable as Thomson and Thompson and Professor Calculus…

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Russians… lots of them!

4 comments:

  1. Great stuff
    Love the Haddock figure - you've got him down pat I'd say

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are scaring me with TinTin

    I don't know why but I find it quite sinister

    I am also very jealous of your skill and collection ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that Tintin is a bit more menacing than the one in the books... maybe it's the eyes.
    Nice work on all of these figures!
    (I bought that Kelly's Heroes trio from Artizan myself some time ago, too. And I have no idea what I would use them for either (and they are as yet unpainted). Pretty much all of my other minis are pre-18th century! (although - I have an old sci-fi book that has a picture of someone on the cover who looks suspiciously like Kelly...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't really noticed before I took this picture, but I think you guys are right, he does look a little menacing! Maybe it's Tintin's evil twin brother (Timtim!) or something...

    It's definitely the eyes... and maybe that nasty smirk...

    ReplyDelete