Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Lions Reinforced


The “Lions of Timshasa” are the elite of the Federal Army of the Republic of Timbogo (F.A.R.T.). I have been re-basing some modern stuff and in the process realized I’d need to paint up some extra troops to be able to field a couple of forces for AK-47 Republic. I have a few more to paint up to finsh on force. Some other moderns will likely be pressed into service as a “Colonial Power” or “Superpower–backed Client State”.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


The new “Lions” – These are 1/72 plastic figures from a variety of manufacturers… mostly old Esci Nato and Warsaw pact forces.

The newer forces are in the darker fatigues (they’re fresh from the factory and haven’t faded… and perhaps they’re from a different dye-lot… I guess that’s what happens when you buy factory direct “seconds” from China…)


I also painted a couple new stands for the Regulars… well… the mortar stand in completely new and a couple odd figures on some of the other stands…

The Command stands aren’t for AK-47 Republic. They’re for when (if) I use these guys in Cold War Commander

Hopefully at some point this month I’ll be able to get them into the field…

I’ve been thinking up new faction names (in addition to The Federal Army of the Republic of Timbogo (F.A.R.T.) and the Peoples Revolutionary Army of Timbogo (P.R.A.T.) I’ve already used)…

Timbogan Union for Real Democracy (T.U.R.D.)
Jihad for an Independent Liberal Timbogo (J.I.L.T.)
Timbogan Workers Army of Terror (T.W.A.T.)
Congress of Unity for Northern Timbogo (taking it a bit too far…)

I’ve also been thinking about some neighboring countires; Nobongo, Kobongo, and Gobongo… and all the possibilities there…

Jihandic Union for Nobongo-Kobongo (J.U.N.K.)
Nobogan Army Reserve Division (N.A.R.D. – Which is part of the Nobongan Army Reserve Corp…)
Workers Alliance for Northern Gobongo (W.A.N.G.)
Workers Alliance for Northern Kobongo (W.A.N.K.)
Democratic Independence Crusade for Kobongo (D.I.C.K.) or maybe…
Democratic Independent Nationalists of Kobongo (D.I.N.K.) (Splitters!!)
Central Union of Nobongan Tribes (taking it a bit too far again…)

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Probably some more moderns (African or European?) hard to say… Probably a few more African Regulars…

I have a pile of 1/72 plastic modern Germans. I bought the packs for the Milan ATGW teams (which I used for my modern British forces...) and have no great desire to do modern Germans... I thought I might use them as Future War troops (for Future War Commander!) and just paint them up with some funky fun camo... something similar to the Timashek Legion... but maybe in blues and greens...?

1 comment: