Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bicyclists


Finishing up a few figures I’ve had lurking on the sidelines of my workbench for too damn long… and something a bit newer.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


These chaps are “British Homeguard on Bicycles” from The Foundry. The other two in the pack I painted up some time ago. Now they’re all done. They’ll probably see use in some British Civil War action in the not too distant future.


Ned Kelly on a Penny farthing is from Eureka Miniatures. I’m not sure when I’ll ever make use of him… I just couldn’t help myself. I am, after all, a bit of a Bike Geek too! Maybe he’ll see action in the same battle as the chaps above!?

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Same old things I keep on promising… Zulus, British, Mikey K’s Elves and such…

5 comments:

  1. Very nice figures, and very well painted too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, very interesting subject... forgive me but...

    "I want to ride my bicycle
    I want to ride my bike
    I want to ride my bicycle
    I want to ride it where I like"

    ReplyDelete
  3. No need to ask forgiveness, I've had the tune in my head all day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll fix that

    riding along
    on my push bike honey
    when I noticed you

    or

    down up pedals
    down up down
    round round pedals
    round round round

    Old NK might be useful for VSF style character in the back streets of London.

    PP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, that's good too! I wasn't actualy familiar with that one, PP, I had to look it up. Thank goodness for google and Youtube.

    Yeah, I was also thinking something VSF for Ned...

    I also picked up a "french lady" and a Chinese fellow both on penny-farthings and a couple of lancers on unicycles. I only have three of the lancers which isn't enough for a unit in any other game so It will probably become a stand of "riders" in some sort of HOTT army.

    ReplyDelete