Sunday, March 6, 2011

More Martians


A few more Martians quickly churned out for our new Savage Space: 1889 Campaign. Of course, then I realized I don’t really need them for last night – I needed Canal Martians and Hill Maritans!? Doh…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


These High Martians are from RAFM.


“What ho? You dastardly fuzzie-Martian scallywags!” BLAM! BLAM! “Take that! I say!” I also finished up a lone British officer from Black Tree Design for a player character.

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

The rest of the High Martians, Zulus, Elves and Rangers, British and/or ANZAC Cavalry… and other assorted goodies….

4 comments:

  1. Top tiddly notch El Tim.

    Look forward to seeing Frankenstein Vs. Jack the Ripper in Parhoon.

    -S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the British officer... think i'll have to get me one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, rather interesting Martians there Tim, especially the chap who doesn't seem to have got the hang of flying yet

    Impressive as ever, with a comprehensive hobby range to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheers!

    The hole for that fellas flight stand was in his backside. I think he's supposed to be doing some sort of swoopy attack with that halberd type thingie...?

    I was just reading about High Martians in the original Space:1889 book and apparently they don't fly by flapping their "wings" (or even use then to glide like a flying squirrel, as I originally assumed). They're just used for steering and maybe a bit of propulsion. They apparently have some sort of "gland" that they can manipulate to give them selves contragravitational... um... lift...? On one hand it kind of stretches the limits of my suspension of disbelief... but then I'm accepting Ether flyers and lift wood... so... why not!?

    ReplyDelete