Friday, March 9, 2012

Bringing out the Dead - More Casualty Markers


Here are a couple casualty markers I finished up that didn’t seem like they’d fit in the post about the Hoplites… not that Ancient Egyptians and Brtitish Paras “fit” in a post together… but since there’s only one of each… and I didn’t want to do separate posts for both…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


This wounded Egyptian is from Wargames Foundry.

The girl has been showing interest in Ancient Egypt… and I’ve been looking for an excuse to build a Ancient ("New Kindgom") Egyptian army for some time… And what better place to start than with a casualty marker? er...

I have a couple stands worth of figures, but I’ll need to pick up a few more things… I think the cheapest way will be a couple bags of Old Glory (ordered through North Bay Games and Hobbies to avoid being bent over a barrel by UPS!?) – one of Armoured Spearmen, one of Archers and one of bag of three chariots (of one sort or another) would put me just one chariot shy of an entire army… If I could find a spectacular model from someone else of a Pharoh in his chariot I’d be set! Anyone have any suggestions? I know Black Tree Design has one, but It looks like the "pharoh" is bare headed...?! Something about that just doesn't seem right... Wargames foundry has a cool looking Ramaeses the Great (if a bit pricey)... But the Foundry currently lists it as "Out of Stock"... Any others out there?

(of course when I get it underway, I’ll need to also make some HISTORICAL opponents, right!?)

Before all that, however, I should probably finish up the undead army… which are all Ancient Egypt/Mummy themed undead…


This poor chap is a dead WW2 British (or Canadian) Para from Black Tree Design.

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Sadly some more 20mm WW2 stuff – just to make Ray sweat….

1 comment:

  1. Great work here; love your attention to detail. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete