Friday, April 13, 2012

More Satyrs

A few more I finished up last night. I should have all the Satyrs (about a dozen more) finished up tonight – along with a few more Amazons as well..

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


The chap in the middle is from Crocodile Games (Wargods of Olympus) and the other two are from Wargames Foundry.


Not a Satyr… but he looks like he could be a Dionysian – running wild and free in the woods WITH the satyrs!? (also from Wargames Foundry).

I didn't want to title post "More Satyrs and a Nekkid Greek Dude" lest it attract new viewers (and spam) that weren't really looking for a wargaming blog...


He’s carrying one of the Argonauts shields. I picked up the Ancient Greek Argonauts And Mythical Heroes Collection. I don’t think this chap was meant to be one of the Argonaut, but he ended up with one of their shields… ?!

I think the shields are a bit silly. I’m guessing the ram on there is because they’re the Argonauts who went to fetch the Golden Fleece…. One would think that most gamers would use the figures (if they were being used as Argonauts at all) would use them to play out the adventures of the Argonauts on their quest to fetch the golden fleece… in which case, did they make these sheids up prior to going? “Hey we’re going to fetch the golden fleece for my uncle Pelias the usurper who murdered my family and stole my fathers throne and expects me to die on this voyage… So, what do you say we make up some commemorative shields in advance to let everyone know that’s what we’re doing…?!”

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

The rest of the Satyrs… Amazons… other Greeks of Myth and Legend.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, shields, ha. I have some Argonauts too, fun figures.

    I guess this experience has made you Satyr but wiser.

    -Sean

    ReplyDelete