Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Moderns, Colonials, The Chindit and Some Giant Purple Worms

A couple more things I’ve finished up…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):

A couple more modernish types from (L to R) West Wind Productions, Hasslefree Miniatures, and Wargames Foundry .

A mounted Boer and a British morale failure marker from Black Tree Design.


Major Lumley of the 3/6th Gurkha Rifles from The Assault Group. I say “THE” Chindit as it’s pretty much the only one I own…

That’s not quite true, I also have two Vickers teams!? Why on earth do I have TWO Vickers teams when I have no other Chindits!? Well North Star was blowing them out at super-deep-discounted prices and I accidentally ordered two. I’d meant to order two of… something else… (I can’t remember what) but ended up ordering two of the Chindit HMG teams by mistake.

Giant Purple Worms from Reaper Miniature’s new Bones line of plastic figures. Generally I don’t care for plastic figures… but these, being solid hard plastic, seemed hefty enough and at $4 a piece it seemed a pretty good deal (compared to the $28 for the metal version of the same figure!?)

For a sense of proportion….

I put these on 60x60mm bases because, well… they’re big enough that it wasn’t too awkward a size for them in a skirmish game, but also so they could be used as some rather frightful LURKERS in Hordes of the Things!

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Um… more painting… Unless I play some DBA/HOTT with the kids this afternoon. 

3 comments:

  1. Nice, I love those Purple Worms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys!

    Yeah the worms were cheap, fun, and quick - and will be a nasty surprise for any of my players that aren't paying attention to the blog... and those that are are probably waiting, wondering when they're going to show up to eat them all! MWA-HA-HA-Ha-Ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaa....

    ReplyDelete