Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Great War French Chasseurs à Cheval Complete


…for now… as I mentioned in the previous post, I will at some point need (“need”… that’s a funny word for it, huh?) to pick up a few more to finish this and a second unit. Part of me wants to just order them straight away and finish them off… the slightly more sensible side (slightly…) thinks I should wait for their next 5-for-4 sale and pick up a couple regiments of French Infantry while I’m at it!?

Aye-yi-yi…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):

The figures are from Renegade Miniatures.

For a more detailed discussion of these figures see the previous post.


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Harpies. No really, they’re done and I’m just finishing up the base details. So they’ll be next.

Then…? Hmmm…. Hard to say… So much stuff already on deck, but I’ve been having fun doing these horsies the last week… I might have to do a few more! Boers? ALH? Early Great War Brtish? Zulu War British? Martians on Gashants? 

9 comments:

  1. Very nicely done. I love the blue especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian. I tortured myself over which blue(s) to use.

      Delete
  2. Wow Tim, that was super quick and great brushwork.

    Cheers,

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen. They were mostly finished yesterday when I posted the first one. I think I just needed to finish the tunics and the base details last night... I may be fairly quick, but not THAT quick!

      Delete
  3. Nice work as always! (I admire your output in terms of quality, quantity, and variety, and it's always a pleasure to see your work)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Tim,

    Looking great. I have a dozen GWM French dragoons that I could be persuaded to send you, if you need that extra unit. Plus another dozen late war British cavalry and some Foundry German cavalry, all of which are languishing in my "get around to painting later" pile. Drop me a line if you are interested!

    Will Bailie

    ReplyDelete