Friday, September 28, 2012

Australian SAS in Vietnam

Inspired by Wednesdays game... another team of figures rolls off the workbench…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):

The figures are Vietnam ANZACs from The Assault Group that I have attempted to paint up in US ERDL camouflage uniform for use as members of the Australian Special Air Service.

I have a few more ANZACs to paint up to complete two sections of regular infantry. Perhaps I should just pick up a couple more packs and make it a full platoon…?

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I have some WW2 Soviets and PAVN on the workbench… a smattering of other modern items… hard to say which will get finished up next. 


  1. The grass tufts are very nice. Are they home made or a commercial product? They really make the basing pop.

    1. Thanks Bob.

      They're pre-made tufts made by Army Painter.

  2. Lovely work Tim! I never thought of using the TAG figures as SAS...!

  3. Tim, Lovely work. I've the FOA Australians and would work well with the Assault Group. I believe John will reopen his mail order next year. EBob are also in line to releasing Australians for Vietnam too.



  4. Very nice work, camouflage is really great...