Friday, September 18, 2015

More English Civil War



I've been reading about the Wars of Religion with the kids this week… The Dutch Revolt, James VI/I, Mary Queen of Scots. Next week we take a brief sojourn to the East (Japan – we’ll be playing Ikusa and maybe bust out Ronin again) and end the week with the Thirty Years War. The following week we’ll be reading about the English Civil War. So I’m trying to get enough of these finished up to have a decent sized skirmish game. I’ve also got a regiment of Scots Covanenteer infantry on the workbench – to see if I could get that finished up in time for a bigger battle (using DBA Extension for 1500 – 1900AD - if I get enough painted - or perhaps Neil Thomas’ One-Hour Wargames - if I don’t…)

I’m thinking about a horror themed game day for Halloween this year – as it’s on a Saturday. Possibly some horror-themed card games and board games in the afternoon (Fearsome Floors, or Arkham Horror - though that might take all day, or Elder Sign, or Cthulhu!!!: Hastur La Vista, Baby!, or Anathema, or Forever Young, or Innsmouth Escape, or Munchkin Bites, or Munchkin Cthulhu, or Cthulhu Fluxx, or Werewolf - if we had enough players... there seems to be a definite Lovcraftian theme to the Horror related games I own...) and then cap it all off with a big Horror Skirmish game in the evening – probably Fear and Faith… I should get planning that and inviting people…


(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


Heavy Cavalry from Old Glory


Two Higlanders – one from Old Glory, the other (the archer) from Wargames Foundry


An English Gentleman from Old Glory.


Two Casualties from Dixon Miniatures.


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Probably the weekly update on the 30 Games in 30 Days Challenge, then the Skirmish Saturday Game Report – I doubt I’ll get much more painting done before either of those! 

4 comments: