Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Medieval Peasants


While working on more swashbucklers I also finished up a few medieval peasants to finish up a unit for Lion Rampant (or Dragon Rampant… or A Song of Blades and Heroes… or any medieval or fantasy role-playing or skirmish game… but it was Lion Rampant I had in mind when I purchased these and Lion Rampant I had in mind when I decided to finish up the unit… so… Lion Rampant).


The new guys. These are all from Crusader Miniatures.


The whole unit – at the moment. All but one is from Crusader Miniatures - I’m not sure where the one fellow with the sickle in the middle came from….

They seem a little too… I don’t know…  “well-armed”..? to me. Luckily I included some Peasants from Black Tree Design in my latest order. They’re armed with scythes and staves and pitchforks and such that peasants really ought to be armed with.  I will mix and match with these when they arrive to make two more believable units.

I did at least try to make one of the shields look a bit battered and bloodstained (like it’d been stolen from a dead soldier). I should have rustified some of the swords… Ah well…


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

More Swashbucklers… though I have some figures working their way onto the workbench to finish up units for Dragon Rampant - not that I got in a game of Dragon Rampant I’ve been feeling a little more motivated to paint Fantasy skirmish figures to finish up potentially useable units for that… 

8 comments:

  1. Peasants with swords and shields? What is the world coming to! Their Lord must be a generous fellow indeed! A great-looking bunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They stole them...

      "What do you think of farmers? You think they're saints? Hah! They're foxy beasts! They say, "We've got no rice, we've no wheat. We've got nothing!" But they have! They have everything! Dig under the floors! Or search the barns! You'll find plenty! Beans, salt, rice, sake! Look in the valleys, they've got hidden warehouses! They pose as saints but are full of lies! If they smell a battle, they hunt the defeated! They're nothing but stingy, greedy, blubbering, foxy, and mean! " Kikuchiyo, Seven Samuari

      Delete
  2. They look great, I quite fancy the old glory peasant range they have a lot of variation, you are tempting me with dragon rampant but I am trying to resist and stick with my historical figs , even though I've got those skaven, orks, dwarves. ....
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      The "Revolting Peasants" line? I've seen them. They are nice. I've been tempted to buy a bag or two from time to time...

      Delete
  3. Conspicuous consumerism...tricked out in their battle bling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe I need to slather them with filth and mud so they look a little more like peasants and a little less... kingly...

      Delete
  4. Motivated and beautiful...love your peasants!

    ReplyDelete