Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Back At It

Finally settling back into a groove (after our long vacation) and finishing up a few thinks I’d started before I left.


All the models in this post are from 1st Corps

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):



4th Trench Mortar Battery (supporting the 4th Infantry Brigade, 2nd Division)




We are truly living in glorious times when I can sit down and my computer and google “Stokes Mortar Bomb” and instantly come up with colour picture references of how boms shells were painted – like this lovely one from the Imperial War Museum…


Bomb, Mortar, Stokes 3-inch© IWM (MUN 1992)




(that even allows me to post it with source and attribution information! IWM FTW!)


Brigade and Divisional Staff figures (4th Brgade/2nd Division)

ToonCon is coming up in just over 4 weeks and I have a fair bit to do yet (mostly terrain). I will do a post about the event I am running shortly.


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

More on the Vimy Project and Regina Trench! 



2 comments:

  1. Nice shirt sleeve order on your mortar crew, I was in the the IWM just this week with my daughter to look at their WW1 display which is very good, she's covering the war in school this year. Good to see you back in the groove.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete