Monday, January 23, 2017

21st Battalion (Eastern Ontario), CEF


As mentioned in the Weekly Vimy Countdown post here is the final battalion for the 4th Brigade (2nd Canadian Division). As with the other battalions in the 4th Brigade (18th, 19th, and 20th battalions), all the miniatures are from 1st Corps


(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


21st Battalion (Eastern Ontario), CEF


The formation patch for the 21st Battalion was a green square surmounting a blue patch – the blue patch was for the 2nd Division, the square indicated the junior battalion within the brigade and the green indicated the senior brigade within the division. 

I also have two stretcher-bearers I need to finish up from 1st Corps. I thought I could use them as casualty/morale failure markers for the 4th Brigade… (I just hope more than two don’t fail morale at once!). Once I get those done I’ll do a picture of the entire Brigade.

I just need to finish up the 6th Brigade to complete the Division, but for that I have to wait for my order from Irregular Miniatures (I am told it should ship shortly!). In the meantime I shall get cracking on some of the GERMANS!


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

More Sci-Fi Distractions, maybe a post about other recent games, and, hopefully by the end of the week, a regiment of GERMANS! 

4 comments:

  1. Nice but I can barely keep up with your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three in one day was a bit much... sorry...

      Delete
  2. Gosh they're nice, cranking them out and tidying? Impressive!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wait 'til I start cranking out the Germans!

      (they're easy to paint)

      Delete