Saturday, January 28, 2017

Street Zulus (and ONE BIG GERMAN!)


I finished a second battalion of Great War Germans the other night and while I was apinting for finish layers of base colours to dry, I knocked off these “Street Zulus”

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


“Street Zulus” from Casting Room Miniatures.

I picked these up some time last year thinking they might be fun to throw into a unit of regular Zulus (for the Anglo-Zulu war of 1879) just to see if anyone notices… or possibly use them in with  my modern African Militia or use them as a group of survivors in Mutants and Death Ray Guns or in some other sci-fi/timetravelling adventure…

I originally started painting these back in October when I was finishing up Zulu units to hopefully play The Men Who Would Be Kings. They were about 90% completed when I lost interest in them/go busy with other things – but they were so close to being complete I couldn’t bring myself to put them back into storage any time I was clearing off the workbench.

Actually when I grabbed these and decided to finish them up I realized one (the crouching fellow) was actually DONE – except for his base – I just hadn’t put on finish or did his base because I was waiting to do it along with the others. The others simply needed a feather or an ammo pouch to be finished up.


This is a 40mm Great War German that my firend John made. He was casting a bunch at my place as he’s in gypsy mode as all his casting supplies are locked away in a container somewhere and left a few for me to paint.


Backside of German.

I probably should have put a 28mm figure in there for size comparison... 

Maybe someday I should get back to finishing MY OWN 40mm figures!


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I hope I’ll get to finish up the 3rd battalion of (28mm) Great War Germans this evening… or maybe tomorrow… 

6 comments: