Monday, November 12, 2018

Wall of Martyrs Bunker and Bugs

A few things rolling off the workbench this weekend...



First, the Wall of Martyrs Bunker that came with the Wall of Martyrs Kill Zone



I still have a second section of trench and then a few more pieces that make up an "imperial defence emplacement" - all the sections are modular and can be mixed and matched with the trench bits...



It seems like this bunker should be able to match up with the trench line - with the side doors, but the ends of the trenches and emplacement bits have slots and table to fit together - and the bunker lacks a slot for the trench/emplacement tab to fit into... I guess I could carve one into it...

I also finally got started on some of the Rogue Trader miniatures - I am determined to paint these and play all the scenarios before jumping into Warhammer Quest: Blackstone Fortress (which I and VERY excited about!!)! I've kind of started by cherry-picking some of the low-hanging fruit... there is SO MUCH DETAIL on all these Rogue Trader minis...



The Eyestiner Swarm for the Gellerpox Infected faction...



Cursemites.

Yeah... started with the icky bugs... There are also some "Sludge-grubs"... then I'll have to start in on the Glitchlings and Gellerpox Mutants and then tackle the Nightmare Hulks... I'll have to mix in some easier to paint minis with all these...


Coming Soon to Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I have some generic (easy-to-paint) Cadian guard on the workbench at the moment...

I had hoped to play some more Kill Team this (long) weekend... but that's seeming less likely. Hopefully we'll get in a game over the week.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah, I've got a platoon of them I'm trying to finish up.

      Delete
  2. Nice bunker and bugs and good to hear your going with Cadians for your next IG army!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers!

      I'm not doing an entire ARMY of Cadians! I just have a platoon of the old metal minis that I'm trying to finish off this week - and THAT'S IT! I'll use them for Kill Team or maybe Wrath & Glory (if it ever comes out!?) but I'm not building a FOURTH full army of Imperial Guard. That would be daft. Of course, more than ONE is probably a little daft...

      Delete
  3. Great work Tim. In particular, I continue to be impressed with how you get that terrain finished off. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg. The terrain's pretty easy... MOST of the details aren't that small, so it's mostly slosh on lots of base coat, dry brush a lighter version of the same colour, pick out a few details, done...

      Delete