Friday, December 14, 2018

Oops! I Did It Again!

So I kind of did this thing again...



Um... yeah...

So the Eritque Arcus Maniple now has a Reaver Titan - or it will, when it ever gets here!

This means I'll be able to field a full Super Heavy Detachment with an Adeptus Titanicus faction keyword... of course that detachment is going to be 270 Power Level - or 8000 points - about the size of FOUR tournament armies combined!?

Go Big or Go Home, right?

Now what colour and pattern to paint it with...? I was thinking a bright turquoise blue. But what pattern? I don't want to do Cheetah spots - If I was going to do cheetah spots, I should have done it on  one of the smaller Warhound Titans. Jaguar? How different is that from a Leopard? I was thinking "lion" at one point, but then there'd really be no patterning - unless I did something to make it look like it had a mane?


Coming Soon to Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog: 

Probably NOT the REaver Titan.. It'll probably be a week or two before it shows up.

I should get those Mice and Mystics minis done...

(hate that "S" word...)

13 comments:

  1. I'm thinking of calling this one "Leonem Caeruleum" - maybe paint a stylized mane around the front edge of the top carapace armour...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. > Um... yeah...
    "Mistakes were made" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol

    How about snow leopard (maybe too similar to regular leopard) or clouded leopard (different enough I think)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I'd never heard of a clouded leopard until you mentioned it or seen one until I just I googled it! Those do look cool!

      I was thinking of doing something like a Snow Leopard for one of my Imperial Knights - the back story I'm working on for them involves an ice world (and the walker worlds in close cooperation with my Valhallans...).

      Delete
  4. Yee gods... those things go for serious money!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't THAT bad...

      I got the other two for about the price of a new Questoris Pattern Knight (Paladin, Errant, Warden, Gallant, etc) and this new one I got for a bit more than the price of a new Dominus Pattern Knight (Valliant/Calstellan). So, the Warhounds were about 1/4 the price of a new Forge World Warhound, and the Reaver was about 1/6 the price of a new Forge World model. I know people ASK a lot more for them on eBay (in Buy-it-Now sales)... but I'm not sure they actually SELL them for that much - they tend to go for much less when they come up as auctions. I don't know that these are sought-after as much as they used to - because there ARE newer Forge World models (which are bigger than these) and people looking to get those, that don't want to pay the full FW price are probably picking up Chinese knock-offs...

      Delete
  5. Great looking "win"! :) Lol! I've done that more than a few times myself. Usually when I had a glass of wine or two too many :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's the project that just grew! Great fun, the last Titan for now then , maybe just dazzle pattern to try and compete with the other two?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to visualize that, and it hurt my brain. Ow.

      Delete
  7. Stupendous! (and I am sure scary to think about painting it!)

    So... two more warhounds to go? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first war hound was definitely intimidating to paint, the second one, less so... This is a whole other kettle of squigs... I should probably do some sketching and paint tests while I'm waiting for it to arrive.

      Delete