Monday, April 8, 2019

Aeldari Additions

I finished up a few more Eldar minis over the weekend - staying up way too late last night to do so - so I could play a practice game with my slightly jigged 1000-point Asuryani force for the Battleforce: Recon Tournement this coming Sunday... and then I woke up to a message saying my opponent's mom was sick and we'd have to play later in the week... Ehhh... not a big deal - these are done and by the time I do get to play him, I'll have them ALL done! (The only thing I have left to do is finish the Howling Banshees - I would have borrowed a few of The Girl's for this evenings game).



The new batch - two Warp Spiders, a squad of five Dire Avengers, and another Wraithlord.



The new squad of Dire Avengers. I now have two painted. I have a third to paint - plus I just ordered a few more to add to ones I have to field larger squads. At some point I might pick up a few more - so I could potentially field three squads of ten.



Two more Warp Spiders....



Which finishes up a squad of ten. I have a few more of these inbound as well - enough to make a second full squad of ten!



Another Wraithlord.



And that finishes off a full compliment of three Heavy Support elements.



This is the whole force - less the Howling banshees - and with one extra Warp Spider (as I could only fit 9 into the 100 points...)

Here is what the entire force will look like:

Battalion Detachment
(as Biel-Tan) - +5CP (=8 Command Points) 

Headquarters
Farseer
-Warlord Trait:
-Powers: Smite, Guide and Executioner
-Shuriken Pistol, Witchblade, Spirit Stone of Anath’lan (Power Level 6, 110 points)
Warlock – Powers: Smite and Enhance/Drain
-Shuriken Pistol and Witchblade (Power Level 2, 55 points)
Warlock – Powers: Smite and Empower/Enervate
-Shuriken Pistol and Witchblade (Power Level 2, 55 points)

Troops
Dire Avengers (5)
-4 with Avenger Suriken Catapult and Plasma Grenades
–Exarch with Shuriken pistol, Plasma Grenade, and Diresword (Power Level 3, 56 points)
Dire Avengers (5)
-4 with Avenger Suriken Catapult and Plasma Grenades
–Exarch with Shuriken pistol, Plasma Grenade, and Diresword (Power Level 3,56 points)
Rangers (5)
-Shuriken Pistol and Ranger Long Rifle (Power Level 3, 60 points)
Rangers (5)
-Shuriken Pistol and Ranger Long Rifle (Power Level 3, 60 points)

Elites 
Howling Banshees (6)
-Shuriken Pistol and Power Sword (Power Level 6, 78 points)

Fast Attack
Warp Spiders (9)
-8 with Death Spinner
-Exarch with 2 Death Spinners and Power Blades (Power Level 9, 154 points)

Heavy Support
Wraithlord
-Shuriken Catapult, Flamer, Wraithbone Fists, Bright Lance (Power Level 8, 111 points)
Wraithlord
-Shuriken Catapult, Flamer, Wraithbone Fists, Aeldari Missile Launcher (Power Level 8, 111 points)
Wraithlord
-2x Shuriken Catapult, Wraithbone Fists, Scatter Laser (Power Level 8, 92 points)

61 Power Level
998 Points


Coming Soon to Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I actually got in a couple of games of Kill Team over the weekend (because I once again had to cancel Wrath & Glory due to half the players being unavailable). One that was available, instead, came over to play a couple rounds of Kill Team and we tried out his new Kill Team: Arena board and one of the scenarios. Hopefully I'll get some pics of that action up later today or tomorrow.

I do hope to still get in a game or two later this week with this Asuryani force - and post some battle reports of said action.

Howling Banshees. The last figures I need painted for the Battleforce Recon Warhost.

8 comments:

  1. Nice looking additions,are dire avengers like suped up guardians? Howling banshees makes total sense,I do like the wraithlord and I've no idea how good warp spiders are but I just think they're fun and they look great!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fluff-wise, Dire Avengers are Eldar who have taken the warrior path - that are professional soldiers - where Guardians are just average citizens that have been given mesh armour, a shuriken catapult, a handful of plasma grenades and maybe a heavy weapons platform and thrown into battle to defend... whatever has been determined to be vital to the survival of the Eldar.

      Stat-wise, yeah, just suped up Guardians... their armour save is one better, their leadership is one better and their "Avenger Shuriken Catapults" shoot 18" instead of just 12"!!? The Dire Avengers also have a "defensive Tactics" special rule that allows them to hit on 5 and 6 in overwatch fire (instead of the normal hit on 6 only).

      Delete
  2. Nice painting!

    The wraithlord has a rather nautical look to me, with the colors and the wavy pattern, like some sort of tide pool octopus or something. Cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there's a camo scheme for Tim to try: Dazzle!

      Delete
    2. I love Dazzle. I've been tempted to get into Great War naval gaming just to paint dazzle on ships. Or, if I were to ever get into some sort of Space:1914 type game I'd totally paint dazzle all over my landships and ether fliers... or... whatever...

      Hmmm... maybe I should have done that on the Shadowsword! If I ever paint another of those super heavy tanks (that's NOT Tallarn) I'll totally paint it with a Dazzle scheme!

      Delete