Sunday, September 15, 2019

September Games - Week Two




Still doing pretty good on the SECOND week of my September Game-A-Day Challenge...


Sunday, 8 September 2019



We started our long anticipated Necromunda Dominion Campaign this evening!

There is some background and details of the starting gangs and territories here:

The Bronze Gates Campaign (A Necromunda Dominion Campaign)



It was a short and brutal fight that ended with the leaders of the two gangs in a vicious melee together!

Full details of the game can be found here:

Encounter a Fahr's Pipe


Monday, 9 September 2019



On Monday Evening, Keira and I then played our first game.



It did not go well for the One-Eyed Red Snakes (my House Delaque gang)...

Full details of the game can be found here:

Battle at Bilton's Corner


Tuesday, 10 September 2019



Keira humoured me with a super quick game of Retro Lunacy after her dance classes.

I won.

and then I went to bed... not feeling really well - but I got in my game for the day!!


Wednesday, 11 September 2019



One Wednesday we tried out Twilight Squabble. Keira bought this when it came out a couple years ago. I'm not sure why...? She hasn't seemed particularly motivated to read the rules and figure out how to play. So, I finally sat down and ran us through a game (the card pack hadn't even been opened - it was still in plastic!?).

We tied in the balance of power, but I was just ahead in the space race - so I won!


Thursday, 12 September 2019

Thursday evening Amanda and Keira played Century Golem Edition with me.



Our starting market - so many men generating cards! And a victory card that's 20 and all pink... and everything else was green and yellow!? So Weird.



Been a while since Keira's played, she said she'd forgotten how fun it was. Hopefully this will mean she'll be interested in playing it more often..?



I squeaked out a win, but just barely. 78 points. Amanda had 73.


Friday, 13 September 2019



Friday we played Mysterium. Originally we though we'd have seven, but then two bailed and it was just us and Laura - which was fine. Everyone figured out who their suspects were with a turn to two to go... Finnegan guessed who the murder was... but he was the only one... Ah, well...


Saturday, 14 September 2019



Finnegan did run his D&D 5E game in the afternoon... They actually finished up the adventure, levelled up (to third level already!) and then played a funnel adventure for Dungeon Crawl Classics...

And in the evening....? Well, I picked up Stranger Things Season Two on DVD from the library (Yes, we have not seen Season Two - or Three!! - yet. Amanda won't let us get Netflix because she says we'll never get ANYTHING done if we do... she's probably not wrong... so we have to wait for things to be released on DVD...) So we started watching that and I didn't get to play any games. But there WAS a game on Saturday, at our house, that half the family played it... so I'm counting it as a successful week!




Coming Soon to Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog:

More games in our Necromunda campaign!

No comments:

Post a Comment