PAGES

Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Blood Bowl - Hammertown Tiger-Rats

I've finished touching up one of my old Blood Bowl teams from when I played 35 years ago. I'm not sure I ever played this Skaven team... I'm not entirely sure HOW I ended up with a Skaven team. I think I won it as a prize somewhere...? I very hastily painted the entire team up before running one of the leagues for a friend to borrow and play with. I think he dropped out of the league after one or two games... 

The name, Hammertown Tiger-Rats, was a play on the Hamilton Tiger-Cats an actual football team in the Canadian Football League (CFL). I pay so little attention to actual sportsball, that I have no idea if they're still a team... 

(I checked! They ARE!)

In addition to touching up the bases, and adding positions and names to them (originally the rims of the bases were colour-coded; red for blitzers, yellow for catchers, white for throwers, grey for linemen, etc) I kept the colours for the letters of the position they play. There are not Skaven catchers anymore, but there are runners... and they seem sort of similar... so I used yellow for them. I wrote the positions on the bases as opponents may not be familiar with the old metal miniatures, so I wanted to make it absolutely clear which model was playing what position! 

The linemen on Skaven teams are called "Clan Rats", which I like better than "lineMAN", so that's why I've used that term on the bases. 

The other touch-ups were painting their feet, noses, tails and ears (which had all just been done brown) and adding the numbers and touching up any orange bits that had chipped. One of the Clan Rate was completely newly painted, as was the Rat Ogre, a second Clan Rat which had been about half done was finished. It was a month ago I was working on these, do I forget which ones... probably later ones in the numbers (17,18...?) 

The Hammertown Tiger-Rats

This is not "The Team", per se. I haven't figured out what the starting team would look like. You start with 1,000,000 gold and need to hire a minimum of eleven players and can have a maximum of sixteen on your roster.. and I have nearly TWENTY here! 


#1 - Thrower - Krillik Boltthrower - Team Captain


#2 - Blitzer - Quillit Blaedzur 


#3 - Blitzer - Rust Skritflay - Blitzer


#4 - Clan Rat - Tollik Fütsor - This used to be a Kicker model... but there are no kickers anymore... Clan Rats (linemen), however, can potentially gain a Kick Skill...? so... if ever Tollik gains some Star Player points, they will be used to get him any and all Kicking related skills so they can be my KICKER! 


#5 - Thrower - Qenq Spitfang


#6 - Runner - Tatquee Gotchrot


#7 - Runner - Ratlik Poxball


#8 - Runner - Buttlik Queezur


#9 - Runner - Snitch Footgnaw


#10 - Clan Rat - Trik Bonetapper


#11 - Clan Rat - Pinqtung Gashlik


#12 - Clan Rat - Rizzik Squigbite


#13 - Clan Rat - Filtch Nashear


#14 - Clan Rat - Queek Felblek 


#15 - Clan Rat - Thanquof Kraktail


#16 - Clan Rat - Skrittar Bentclaw


#17 - Clan Rat - Pisturd Nurglak


#18 - Clan Rat - Xokch Ashblood 


#73 - Rat Ogor - Kargark

I have a pile of old Warhammer Fantasy metal Skaven of the same era. I have far too many heroes, so I may take a few of those and paint them up in team colours to use as coaches, assistant coaches, apothecaries, etc... 


Not sure I'll ever use these in a league... I do like my GOBLINS! And if I decided to take a break from them, there are the new ones that came in the box set (Tomb Kings and Brettonians)... and so many others that look like they'd be really fun to build and paint and play (Halflings and Nurgle, mainly...). I'll keep there handy as a loaner team.

No comments:

Post a Comment