PAGES

Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Blood Bowl League: Gnarly Gobbos - BCBBL Season 2 (Summer/Fall2026)

Here is the starting line up for the Bridge City Blood Bowl League Season 2 (Summer/Fall 2026) 

These are some of the oldest painted miniatures I have. I touched up the bases and tried to touch up a few areas that were chipped, but otherwise are pretty much as they were the last time I played Blood Bowl thirty-five years ago! 

(I could do a lot MORE touching up... and I might get to that... or I might just paint NEW THINGS!) 

The names are all as they were when I last played in the 90s - and most of them are painted on their shoulder pads/pauldrons or clothes somewhere... honestly some of them are painted SO SMALL I had to get a magnifying glass out to read them and I have NO IDEA HOW I managed to paint those letters so small!? 

There are a few ready and waiting to join the team when these guys all, inevitably, start dying... 

There are only eleven to start, even though I could have hired a full sixteen. There seems to be no advantage to it (for a number of reasons). I spent money on buying as many re-rolls as I could, and wanted to leave 50,000 gold in the treasury to potentially buy a bribe to keep one of the gits with "secret weapons" on the field beyond the first drive! Not sure that was the smartest thing to do... 


2026 Gnarly Gobbos Starting Line-Up


Team Captain - #1 - Hotlicks Wobblespot - Goblin Lineman


#3 - Dirk Blood - Goblin Lineman


Also #3 - Norg - Trained Troll - when a troll shows up and joins the team and wants to be #3 no one argues, even if there's already a #3... Dirk Blood is just not the sort to give up his number for a nasty old Troll, though... so there are now two #3s on the team... 


#4 - Leon Cankersore - Goblin Lineman


#7 - Bill S. Pestmaim - Goblin Lineman


#10 - Ted "Wildboar" Grogan - Goblin Lineman


#15 - Fungusface - Goblin Chainsaw Looney


#16 - S. Maulfart - Goblin Lineman


#28 - Dagadyr - Trained Troll


#48 Lil Bopper - Goblin Pogoer 


#69 - Jean Klean - Goblin Ball-and-Chain Fanatic


The Gnarly Gobbos also hired three "Cheerleaders" - Becky, Mandy, and Buffy


Bob the Dwarven Referee - Not necessarily part of the team, per se, but totally willing to take money in the form of BRIBES to keep the Chainsaw Looney and/or Ball-and-Chain Fanatic on the field for an additional drive! 


To Draft a team in this new version of Blood Bowl, coaches start with 1,000,000 gold crowns! In addition to players you can hire cheerleaders and assistant coaches and dedicated fans and re-reolls and more! 

Here's how I spent my money:

  • Team Captain - #1 - Hotlicks Wobblespot - Goblin Lineman - 40,000gc
  • #3 - Dirk Blood - Goblin Lineman - 40,000gc
  • Also #3 - Norg - Trained Troll  - 115,000gc
  • #4 - Leon Cankersore - Goblin Lineman - 40,000gc
  • #7 - Bill S. Pestmaim - Goblin Lineman - 40,000gc
  • #10 - Ted "Wildboar" Grogan - Goblin Lineman- 40,000gc
  • #15 - Fungusface - Goblin Chainsaw Looney - 40,000gc
  • #16 - S. Maulfart - Goblin Lineman - 40,000gc
  • #28 - Dagadyr - Trained Troll - 115,000gc
  • #48 Lil Bopper - Goblin Pogoer  - 75,000gc
  • #69 - Jean Klean - Goblin Ball-and-Chain Fanatic - 70,000gc
  • 3x Cheerleaders @10,000gc = 30, 000gc
  • 4x Re-Rolls @ 60,000gc = 240,000gc

Team Value: 925,000gc

Treasury: 75,000gc


Re-Rolls can be bought AFTER the league starts, but the cost doubles, so I wanted to buy as many as I could. I could have bought a fifth... and... probably should have... but I wanted to keep at least 50,000gc in the treasury to potentially buy a bribe for my first game, to keep at least ONE of my goblins with secret weapons in the game past the first drive - especially considering the first drive COULD be ONE TURN... 

I'm not sure either the Ball-and-Chain Fanatic or the Chainsaw Looney are really "worth it"... I have the miniatures and they're on the team, so I'm going to keep them... but paying 50,000 gold PER DRIVE, PER GAME to keep them on the field... just seems a little ridiculous... 

I mentioned there not being any advantage to having a full team of 16... and... I guess there IS the advantage that you have some reserves for future drives (or at least the second half, if NO ONE is scoring!?) if you suffer casualties... but that would eat up most of the money and Re-Rolls (which are very handy) DOUBLE in cost after the league starts, the costs associated with players does not, so... I felt it was better to start with the minimum team size and maximum re-rolls... 

No comments:

Post a Comment