Thursday, July 30, 2026

Blood Bowl - Goblin Doom Divers

I thought it might be fun to have a Goblin Doom Diver on my Blood Bowl team! 

I really didn't want to use the current plastic or finecast resin one - it wouldn't really fit the aesthetic of the old metal goblins from the 80s/90s... So I looked on eBay and found plenty, but with shipping most were going to set me back $50-65CAD... for ONE Doom Diver... and... that doesn't bother me SO much these days... but I thought I'd have a look around to see if I could find something better! 

Ultimately, I discovered Games Workshop has re-released the old Warhammer Fantasy Doom Diver Catapult - which includes TWO Doom Divers (which I saw individually being sold for $50+ each) AND a whole catapult that I could probably make into a warmachine of some sort for some game (possibly replacing the doom diver with a large boulder...? or maybe a bound up dwarf!?) for $65CAD!?

So I went with that!

One of the Doom Divers required a bit of converting/modelling, as it was intended to be SEATED in the Catapult, waiting to be launched! 

Two Doom Divers!

#37 "Icky" Russ

(Backside of "Icky" Russ)

Russ is the only one I'm adding to the team at this time - as I am only allowed ONE Doom Diver - But incase he flies too close to the sun and his wings melt and he plummets to his death... or... just... some mean fucking Ogre stomps his guts into the ground... I have a back-up...

#38 "Daddy" Les

(Backside of "Daddy" Les) 

and I've gotten them done just in time for my second league game on Friday!! 

This is the line up for Game Two of the Bridge City Blood Bowl League. 

I also hired an Apothecary for the team... as it could potentially make it slightly less likely that someone important DIES during a game...? 


No comments:

Post a Comment