Tuesday, July 21, 2026

Blood Bowl Tokens and Goblin Fanatic!

In preparation for my first league match, I cranked out these assorted status tokens for Blood Bowl...

They don't look like much, but wow were they a pain in the ass to paint. I did not love it at all. 

Instead of painting them the suggested colour, I see now why Vera and others chose to just spray paint them a metallic colour and just fill in the recesses with the colour the token is mean to be... That would have been SO MUCH less work trying to paint these all be hand... both sides... without them sticking to the table and tearing off the layers you just finished... 

Anyway, I did what I did and they don't look great... but they're DONE!!

I also knocked out this ball possession token.

It's made to be two sided and the other side says loose ball, or something... and the ball is meant to be removable and can be slotted into a hole on either side... I hate that... the tab on the ball, I am certain, would eventually break off and/or the ball would be LOST... so I just glued it onto the possession side and when it's NOT in possession, either this token can sit in whatever empty square it ends up in (because if it is NOT in possession of a player that's in a square, the ball bounces out into an adjacent square, and just keeps bouncing until someone catches it, or it lands in an empty square!) 

I have separate loose ball tokens I'm working on if anyone feels like they need a separate token to sit in a square to denote a loose ball (each team comes with a few... some of the Tomb King ones are canopic jars!)

it goes under the player who has the ball to show that they have the ball.. It's very handy and I like it SO MUCH BETTER than the stupid little balls that you got with second edition and had to try and keep on the players base (and, ultimately, because they were SO FUCKING SMALL would eventually be lost!!) 

I still have a few scatter templates and ball tokens to finish up...

When I sat down to finish these up, I realized I had NOT finished painting my Goblin Ball and Chain Fanatic!? so I quickly finished that off as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment