Thursday, December 14, 2017

Shadespire, Genestealers...

Just a quick update. Haven't been getting much done this week - at least not much painting. I did finish off the first of the Shadespire  iniatures I'm painting for my friend John. The Genestealers I painted a week or so ago, I just didn't get to posting pictures of them.



I picked up some Necromunda bases at the Dragon's Den Games Black Friday to try mounting all of Finnegan's Space Hulk minis on to give them more stability. I looked at the 25mm bases but could tell right away they were going to be just waaaaaaaay too small. These seemed to have worked out okay - but will probably be a bit big for the squares on the game board... we'll make it work somehow..



This fellow is the first of the Shadespire  iniatures I've finished up for my friend John. The other two for this warband are just about complete as well and I've started work on the chaos dudes that also came in the boxed set. I'm pretty happy with how he turned out.



Backside of Shadespire guy.


In Other News...



The panelling on the pony wall went in along with baseboards, so I figured it was time to set up the new (to us) tables and chairs. Looking forward to playing lots of boardgames on this (though I'm not sure we're going to fit Firefly: the Boardgame or Railways of the World on this table...).

Tomorrow the door and drawer pulls go on. Monday the countertops are going in. Tuesday/Wednesday the tile for the backsplash is going in. Thursday/Friday the plumbers and electrician are back to finish everything off! PHEW!

11 comments:

  1. Great work! Genestealers are sooooo creepy looking...

    The 1-to-1 scale stuff seems to be coming together nicely as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg! There are creepier ones yet to come.

      Delete
  2. Nice genestealers and the knight looks great, really nice colour combo and the metal armour works really well. I like your mid century modern table and chairs, kitchen will be done soon, you and me both!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chairs, to me, look like they're about to launch you face-first into the floor, but they're actually pretty comfortable...

      Delete
  3. I’m considering rebasing my genestealers too; yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it! The Necromunda 32mm bases work great. I was worried they might be too big for the board - assuming that the squares are 25mm - they're not - I didn't measure them, but the 32mm bases look just fine on them. Next time I finish a few I'll be sure to take pictures of them on the Space Hulk corridors.

      Delete
    2. I should try and finish up one of the Space Marine Terminators as well!

      Delete
  4. The minis look great! Good color schemes.

    Must be very satisfying seeing the kitchen starting to come together! It's looking very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers!

      I will certainly be very pleased when all the renos are over!

      Delete