Sunday, January 3, 2010

Here We Go Again…

Happy new year, everybody! A couple new things to kick off this years painting updates…

I had meant to do a sort of wrap up and look back at 2009… but I’m not sure when (or if…) I’ll get around to that…


This is a Naga Shugenja from AEG’s Legend of the Five Rings. This particular one will be a Magician stand in a Naga Hordes of the Things army. I actually have enough of them to make an entire army (just need to PAINT them now...). I’m not entirely sure what to class the rest of the Naga as, however. I’m kind of leaning towards just calling them all “Beasts” – they move quickly (400 paces/turn), aren’t slowed by bad going, +3 vs foot, +4 Vs mounted, quick-killed by mounted…. Seems reasonable… I might include a hero in the army as well…


My friend John dropped off a bunch of his old skaven (© & TM Games Workshop Limited, used without permission). I was going to just rebase a bunch of them and make them into a Hordes of the Things army for him (SHHHHHHH! DON’T TELL GW I’VE USED THEIR FIGURES FOR – shock-horror – ANOTHER GAME!!!). Of course I couldn’t help myself and I went ahead and repainted these two to make a stand of Sneakers.


Darn Ninjas… so hard to photograph. This is a Scorpion Clan ninja from AEG’s Legend of the Five Rings.

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I have a Unicorn Clan Magician (Shugenja) stand for my Unicorn HOTT army just about finished… after that I’ll probably be working on Feudal Japanese/Rokuganese and other assorted fantasy things for the next bit…

I am resolving this year to paint TWICE as many figures as I purchase in an attempt to lower the painted to unpainted ratio... (See MORE LIES)... unfortunately I have a whole SCHWAK of goodies en route which is going to blow the acquired versus painted totals for this year for a while... but I just won't buy anything else until I catch up....

4 comments:

  1. I like the way your totals reset :)

    You are eating into that pile of silver now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers!

    I wish my Credit Card would magically reset like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creepy snake thing! Good luck on the painting goals; I'm looking to get everything I have done by the end of the year but we'll see what happens. I'm off to a slow start but a few 15mm DBA armies ought to kick that into high gear!

    Bob in Edmonton

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to say "I'm looking to get everything I have done by the end of the year..." but that would require a painting rate 4X the absurd frenetic rate I pounded them through last year!?

    ReplyDelete