Monday, July 11, 2011

Star Wars! (...and Zulus)


Taking a littke break from the Zulus, I knocked off a number of Imperial Stormtroopers over the weekend along with a couple other Star Wars characters…. and a couple of Zulus…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


Imperial Stormtrooopers and Scout Troopers from Grenadier/West End Games.

Anyone notice anything funn about these guys…?

Look closely…

They’re almost all left-handed!? Really?! Are Stromtroopers all left-handed?!

Anyway, I should have enough to run a little skirmish game now. Here are some potential heroic foes:


A few more Grenadier/West End Games Star Wars figures; Chewbacca, a minor (male) Jedi and a Mirialan Jedi


Two more Foundry Zulus armed with Muskets.

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Hopefully more Zulus – I’d like to get at least one more unit done for Friday’s game!!

11 comments:

  1. I've noticed that too. I wonder if the sculptor was a lefty? Nice job on the storm troopers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim,

    Either left or right handed they should all be the same pursuasion since they all come from one clone (the fett guy) so me thinks ther isssie some copiesright issuees herie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice figures. If you watch the original films the Stormtroopers are indeed left handed.

    I believe Lucas was aware that the word sinister comes from Latin word Sinistra (meaning left hand). Left handers have always had viewed with suspicion. And yes I am an Star Wars anorak!

    Regards,
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to love that West End games Star Wars games. I really, really appreciated their rules for generating units from scratch... I like that much more than having to use static lists... But it's not for me anymore.

    The figs are cool though, but I traded all of mine for a handful of LotR dwarves a few years ago :)

    Good stuff.
    n.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the old West End SW line ... ashame they are gone.

    Savage Worlds is a great ruleset to replace though ... enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stormtroopers look good. I mostly had Imperial army troops and only a couple stormtroopers to use playing the old rpg.
    I still have a box of West End zero-g stormtroopers from back in the day. I might need to break them out and get some paint on them.

    ColKG

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are stormtroopers left handed? Hmmm . . . does anyone remember if Jango Fett is left handed?

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful figures, i am a big star wars fan and would love to know where I could purchase the 28mm figures from?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Vinnie!

    These are old Grenadier/West End Games Star Wars figures. They are long out of production - but can be picked up at reasonable rates from ebay if you are patient.

    There are also the more recent plastic/vinyl CMG minis which are fairly available at game stores and ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. No, sorry, I do not. The blog is just a place to show off what I've been working on lately,

      Delete