Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Normans and Saxons

Finally the long awaited “last of the Anglo-Saxon Spear” – and a pile of Norman heavy foot that I happened to finish up at the same time…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


These are the last of the Angl-Saxon Spear I need for my Middle Anglo-Saxon/Anglo-Danish DBA armies.


You can see the whole army in the 28mm Dark Age Gallery

And that’s it for minis that I need to paint for the Campaign coming up this weekend. I had originally planed to do a West Frank army… but I ran out of steam. Conveniently a player backed out, so there will just be eight. Someday I’ll finish the West Franks (before I run this campaign again), but for now I’d rather finish up some new terrain!!


These are Normans from Crusader Miniatures.


Another shot of the same to show off the shields.

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Hopefully I'll find some time to snap a few pics of the terrain-making madness going on here before teh weekend. Oh and I can't forget to finish up that Irish Army Marker!? Otherwise, stay tuned for the Dark Age DBA Campaign Weekend game reports!

10 comments:

  1. Those are some nice figures. Great basing job too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Just' eight, he says.
    I don't know how we're going to get by!
    Looking forward to the mayhem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank everyone!

    It will be mayhem indeed, Cory... I just hope it's a good kind of mayhem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cripes! Is that ne'er do well CoryL going to be there? Hopefully he leaves his fluky-ass luck behind...

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is... as is his offspring! So you'll have TWO father-son, tag-team duos to deal with. Maybe if anyone else doesn't show up I'll let Maeve run an army.

    (Actually I'd been thinking if there was anyone else that wasn't able to make it at the last minute, I'd let Finnegan try his hand at it!)

    ReplyDelete