Monday, April 9, 2012

Centaurs and Stuff…

A few more Greek Myth figures from Wargames Foundry.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


An element of Centaur “Riders” for Hordes of the Things (or “Light Horse” in DBA – I’ve been thinking of a semi-historical Heroic Greek campaign – using regular DBA army lists – but allowing proxies for certain elements or even entire armies – these for example could be the LH element in a number of armies… perhaps Thessaly or once I have an entire army of them they could be a proxy for Skythians!?)



A solitary Centaur for skirmishy-tabletop-pole-playing adventures.


A couple other heroic Greek types…

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Should have a few more tomorrow - I have a couple more individual greek hero-types darn near completion… After cranking out these centaurs and the one the other day I’ve gotten pretty excited about the idea of finishing up the army of Centaurs…

I might also finish up some satyrs – to give the centaurs some allies that fight on foot (to deal with any bad-going…).

Distractions… A couple months back, when I first noticed the Game of Thrones Season One was listed as available for pre-order on Amazon, I checked with the local library to se if they were going to get it. Sure enough it was listed in the catalogue and so I requested it. A month back I checked again and it’d been relisted in the local libraries catalogue as the five separate discs. I was already down for disc one, so I added requests for discs two – five – figuring they probably had a long queue and so I’d get disc one rather early and then have to wait months for the rest… and may not get them in the order they were meant to be viewed!? As it turns out I must have got my requests in early enough because I was checking my account at the library last night to see what needed to go back today (Monday is “library day”…) and noticed that ALL FIVE were on the hold shelf for me!? As there is likely a rather long queue of requests I won’t be able to keep them longer than a week and it would probably be months before I’d get them again… so I’ll have a lot of watching to do this week! (it should probably be noted that I haven’t read the books or seen any of the TV series – I’ve just had to listen to people RAVE about them for the last couple years… so I thought I’d better check it out and see what all the fuss is about…)

5 comments:

  1. I like the idea of proxies for regular DBA. A fun way to add some colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't get AGoT finished let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Picked up your own copy did you...?

    I don't think we'll have any trouble getting through it. We're kind of idiots when it comes TV series on DVD we'll start with "Oh we'll just start with two episodes tonight" as as they are TV episodes and always end with a bit of a cliffhanger it's always; "we'll just watch ONE MORE..." An hour later... "Okay just ONE MORE...." next thing we know it's 2AM, Amanda has to get up for work at 7 and we're halfway through the series...

    but thanks, I'll keep that in mind... just incase we.. you know... show a little restraint...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff and very inspirational! I have become a fan of your site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks and welcome aboard Secondus! (I've been a fan of Iron Mitten for some time!)

    ReplyDelete