Monday, April 16, 2012

Greek Hoplite General Element (and others)

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


A General element for Greek Hoplite army #2 (most of these are from Black Tree Design though the hornblower is from Crusader Miniatures)…


Why do a General Element for #2 whan I haven’t even completed #1…? Well… A while back I painted up minis for an element of BTD hoplites – just so see how many I could fit on a stand. Anyone who was paying far too much attention, however, will have noticed that in the preview of the shields post I’d done just before that, there was eight hoplites… but I only fit seven on the element… So I’ve had a single hoplite kicking around on the workbench – finished – and still on the temporary painting base…


I thought I’d best finish off a few more to complete an element… Of course, I didn’t actually finish off six more though – I used two that had been previously painted and based individually and rebased them onto the element with four newly painted figures!? (the guy pointing and the hornblower from Crusader Minis).

If you're wondering what I mean by "Greek Hoplite army #1" and "Greek Hoplite army #2", I've purchased enough 28mm minis for two Greek Hoplite Armies - with 8 figures per element of Spear. One army is made up of figures from Crusader Miniatures, the other is made up of figures from Black Tree Design. My plan is to get cracking on the Crusader Miniatures army and get them finished up in the next couple weeks. AFter that I'll concentrate on the second... or maybe the Amazons... We shall see...


A couple more Greeks and an Amazon– all from Wargames Foundry

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Looks like I might get a game in later this week… hopefully have a game report of that!

Before that though I should hopefully finish up a few more individually based Greeks and get them posted up – and hoefully get some skirmish gaming in with those some time soonish… (those reports you’ll find over at Savage Timmy’s Playhouse)

2 comments:

  1. They look indeed great; impressive hand-painted shield designs. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some beautiful work, love them shields!

    ReplyDelete