Thursday, April 23, 2015

Waffen SS

blogger tells me this is the 1300th post...

I have a small force of SS that I am working on – mostly as an opposing force for my Canadians in Normandy and Paras in Arnhem. I though this might be the last of them, but I found a few more I’m going to paint up before I call them “done for now…”

While some of the figures are genuinely marketed as “SS” figures, others are just Germans I’ve painted up in pes-dot cam to pass off as SS.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


The latest batch.


An SS Command team from Bolt Action Miniatures


LMG team – also from Bolt Action Miniatures


Advancing LMG team – also from Bolt Action Miniatures



SS with Panzerfausts – I’m not entirely sure of the make of these – I think I picked them up off of ebay and they were listed as “Battle Honors” but they seem a bit chunkier than other battle honours figures I have…?


Panzershrek teams – came with the batch with the panzerfausts above.



Flame thrower – again – came with the two batches above


Assorted SS from Artizan Designs



And a few more from Black Tree Design


SS Casualties from Black Tree Design - it’s possible they were simply meant to be “prone” but I’m using them as casualty markers…


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Perhaps a few more SS… though I’ve also been working on a Tiger tank and been eyeing up both Fallshirmjägers and 40 Imperial Guard… so… who knows!? 

10 comments:

  1. Great looking troops as always Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Ray! Somehow I missed this comment earlier!? I've just been enjoying all your Salute pictures!

      Delete
  3. Dammit Tim, I remain staggered by your productivity - how the hell do you do it? Please tell me you spend forty hours a week painting so I don't feel so bad about my own miserable trickle of finished figs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! When I am in high-productivity mode - like I am now - I do spend a LOT of time painting. I don't play video games (ever) or watch TV - which is where a lot of other people's time goes. I do occasionally watch a DVD... but even then I have a little painting area set up and mostly just listen to the movie and occasionally look up when rinsing a brush or when something important is going on...

      I also paint with my kids now - which is thus "quality family time" as well as "productive painting time". I'm all about efficiency!

      Delete
  4. Ooooh, I love these, Tim. Pea Dot camo is way cool and you've reproduced them excellently. A very intimidating force.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean. I have a lot of fun painting camouflage - it's time consuming and, as times, a paint in the butt... but it does look pretty nifty when it's done.

      Delete
  5. Tim - You are prolific in turning out well-painted figures at a rate of knots. Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope you're having fun at Salute!

      Delete