Tuesday, May 12, 2015

USMC Jeep

...and now back to our regularly scheduled programming...

When I returned from Vancouver the middle of last week – not only did I have a few treasures I brought home with me – but I also discovered, to my delight, that the order I had placed with Brigade Games in February had finally arrived! It was a bit of a wait  - they were waiting for a re-stock from Company B who, in turn were waiting for a restock of some parts… anyway… it finally arrived...

I ordered a pair of Jeeps with Rat Patrol crew (mounted and dismpounted), and some Japanese on bicycles, some WW2 British, and another pair of jeeps for these WW2 USMC crews I’d picked up a few years back from North Star Figures when they were blowing out a bunch of their Brigade Games stock…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


USMC Jeep from Brigade Games/Company B.


I’m not really sure what they’ll be used as…? Jeep recce team? Company Commander?


Here it is with a few of my other WW2 US Marines. 

As I mentioned I have another team like this and then the Rat Patrol…I think I’d like to pick up a couple of their SAS/LRDG jeeps at some point. I was thinking about putting together an SAS Jeep patrol/raiding squadron and, just to have some uniqueness to the different teams, I thought I might order jeeps and crews from different manufacturers…? I know Company B, Warlord Games, and Dixon Miniatures make them (Warlord games has two variants, Company B comes with different heads…) are there any others out there? How wildly different could their Jeeps be…?

Oh, dang… I just realized Perry Minatures has added an SAS jeep to their WW2 Desert Line-up…


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Ummmmmm…? I’m not really sure… so much stuff polluting my workbench… it’s really time for a clean-up…. 

4 comments:

  1. Very nice figs with awesome paint jobs.
    Great stuff Tim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect additions to WWII skirmish games. Brings back memories of patrols in Combat! although that was US Army and not US Marines.

    Great brushwork!

    ReplyDelete