Sunday, May 27, 2018

Adeptus Arbites

The Adeptus Arbites are sort of a galactic police force in the 40K universe, charged by the High Lords of Terra with enforcing the law throughout the Imperium. I thought it would be handy to have a few for role-playing or certain tabletop scenarios in the setting. GW made a few Adeptus Arbites figures about 15 years ago for the original Necromunda, but they've been long out of print and pretty expensive to pick up on eBay or elsewhere. Conveniently I had these figures I though would work as reasonable proxies...



The figures are actually Void miniatures made by I-Kore games. I picked these and a few dozen other packs of them after the company went out of business and people locally stopped playing and my FLGS decided to blow out their remaining stock for $1/pack!? I've used others for Generic Sci-fi mercenaries. One think I really like about the old I-Kore miniatures is that there were actually a few  female figures in most of their lines...

The Void figures are currently available from Scotia Grendel. I-Kore's old fantasy line (Celtos) are available from Brigade Models.



The Chief Inspector (in the trench coat with the power truncheon), her Lieutenant and a couple of sergeants.



Arbites Tactical Team with Sniper.



A second Arbites tactical team.

I know, I know... the Adeptus Arbites are supposed to be in black... I decided to go with blue... I briefly considered doing their knee and elbow pads in green - like the Judges from 2000AD/Judge Dredd comics, as I feel the Arbites took much inspiration from them... but then couldn't decide on what colour to do the shoulder pads. Gold/yellow - like the judges - seemed a little silly so I went with all blue.


Coming Soon to Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog:

My friend Bob from Edmonton is rolling through town on Tuesday and we were planning to play a game. I thought I'd set up a game of The Pikeman's Lament. Hopefully I'll have a game report of that action. I just hope I'm over this cold by then!

If I can prop myself up at the painting desk, perhaps I'll crank out a few more Highlanders and bring back Robert MacRame! Rumour has it he's been overseas raising funds for the cause... and living quite well on those funds he's raised all the while hoping this bad business will all be over soon - preferably before he actually returns to Scotland...

8 comments:

  1. A few tactical rank markings might break up the blue finish a bit. They look good. I'm waiting to see what the wallet busting GW Arbites will look like. They should be moving up the release schedule a bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Has they said there will be new ones for the new Necromunda? I hope they release a plastic set - like the gangs, and not a just a couple of guys through Forge World like they did for the squat and beastman mercenaries... yikes!

      I think you are right about some tactical markings... I wonder if I could paint an Aquila on this shoulder pads...?

      Delete
  2. Nice stand ins for arbites, looking forward to more highlanders!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! I like the blue.
    They reminded me a bit of the IMEF figures from Reaper (which also include some females), or maybe less so, their Nova Corps figures. Lightly armored (relative to space marines, for example) figures that could work well as some sort of security forces or local law enforcement/planetary military, as the case may be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I think we got some of those IMEF figures in with one of the Bones Kickstarters... I think Finnegan snapped them up thinking he'd use them for a Rogue Stars warband... which we haven't yet tried... He hasn't painted any of the minis yet, so...

      Delete