Saturday, September 20, 2008

28mm WW2 Russians it is!

Well, despite not really needing them right away, they were just that right combination of easy-to-paint and not-so-many-of-them – so I cranked out the 28mm WW2 Russian infantrymen last night…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


These are a mix of Artizan Designs and Crusader Miniatures.

Now all I have to finish for the WW2 Russians is the KV-2 (which is at least half painted already… and it’s a tank – not loads of fine details…) the AT gun and crew, and the GAZ. I’m not thrilled about the GAZ. First of all it looks like a pain in the butt to put together. Second I’m not a fan of open vehicle models in this scale. I mean 28mm is for skirmishing. Whether you are in or out of a vehicle matters… well… you CAN get in and out of a vehicle…! So what do I do with the crew. Glue them in or paint them separate so they can be set into the gaz when it’s actually occupied, and then take them out again when the crew has gotten out? Then, of course I need dismounted crew….UGH!!!

This is why I just prefer small infantry only fights for “skirmish” games…

It would be sensible to finish up the tank and gun and GAZ and then I could say “Hey, I’m FINISHED the 28mm Russians….” But I’m getting Savage Saturday going again tonight and required minis for whichever setting we go with will definitely take precedence.


I also finished up a pair of resin terrain bits. I’m not sure of the make – might be I-Kore or it might be Armourcast… I got them in a trade.

1 comment:

  1. Nice looking! I especially like your base treatments.

    ReplyDelete