Sunday, May 19, 2019

More Dire Avengers

It's the Victoria Day long weekend her in Canada and I stayed up stupid late last night to finish up this latest batch of Dire Avengers....



Two batches of five old metal Dire Avengers models from Games workshop.



The two groups will join my two existing squads to make two squads of TEN!

I do have a few more Dire Avengers (5 or 6?), which, at some point, I'll paint up to use as a third squad... and some day I might try to track down a few more figures to make it a full unit of ten as well...

For now, this completes the force I'll be taking to the Strange Bedfellows Team Tournament in June.
Base Detachment - Biel-Tim (as Biel-Tan).



My 1000-point Asuryani "Base Detachment" force for the Strange Bedfellows Team Tournament in June. This includes:

HQ (1-2)
Farseer
Warlock

Troops (2-4)
Dire Avenger(10)
Dire Avenger (10)
Rangers (9)

Elites (0-1)
Wraithguard (6)

Fast Attack (0-1)
Warp Spiders (10)

Heavy Support (0-1)
Wraithlord



My entire War Host (so far)...



HQ
Autarch
Farseer
2 Warlocks

Troops
Dire Avenger(10)
Dire Avenger (10)
Rangers (10)
Rangers (5)
Guardians (8 - not quite a full squad)

Elites 
Wraithguard (6)
Howling Banshees (6)

Fast Attack 
Warp Spiders (10)

Heavy Support 
3 Wraithlords
Dark Reaper (4)

I'll be taking a break from the Craftworld Eldar for a month while I crank out 1000 point of their dark cousins: The Drukhari!


Coming Soon to Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog: 

Drukhari! Possibly a squad of Reavers (jet bikes!)

Or... maybe some T'au?!

10 comments:

  1. Wait, Tau? Where did that come from? Excited to see more eldar for the Strange bedfellow tourny. From only a few eldar painted to a full force, good dedication Tim!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son, Finnegan, has some T'au and he doesn't love painting so I've been experimenting with Army Painter Coloured primer and washes to help him figure out a way to paint them quickly, easily, but still look not-so-bad... I've painted a Fire Warrior and am working on a Kroot and a Kroot hound, so I may post a picture of those...

      Yeah, it's been fun to finally get the Eldar painted and I'm looking forward to finishing off a bunch of the other stuff. I'm also excited about finally getting to the Drukhari so Amanda has a full force to play with! (It's too bad she's going to be out of town for Strange Bedfellows and won't be playing them... ah, well... ).

      Delete
  2. Great looking Eldar,2019 the year of the Eldar, dark or otherwise!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent batch of minis!

    (Biel Tim made me chuckle) ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. This may be my favourite army of everything you've ever painted mate and that's saying something. Love em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Millsy! As much as I love my Guard armies - I have to admit, I've had a lot of fun painting these colourful space elves! (and am pretty stoked about getting get rest finished!)

      Delete