Saturday, February 13, 2010

Ruined City Terrain

I stayed up altogether WAAAAAY too late last night (and then an hour or so this morning when I finally got up….) trying to finish off a PILE of ruined city terrain I started last year but never seemed to get around to finishing up. I was motivated by how much fun we had last week on Savage Saturday.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


These are all scratch built out of MDF (with lost of carpenters glue, pebbles, and acrylic paint….).

I was kind of torn as to whether to go with a sand colour so it could all go with the mudbrick buildings I already have or do them in grey (as I have done) to give them more of a “European” look. I expect these will be used for many things from Mordhiem-ish fantasy to the ruins of Stalingrad to post-apocalyptic sci-fi…

I have a feeling they may be used tonight (it’s Savage Saturday!)

5 comments:

  1. Nice. A black/brown wash would really make them pop. But might warp the bases. They show blue in the photo--just some sort of colour shift on y screen maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't it a lot of trouble to cut the windows into MDF? What did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bob - it's just the light - they're really grey...

    Duck Sauce - It wasn't too troublesome. I drilled a holes close to where two opposing corners would be and then cut them out with a jigsaw with a fine scrolling blade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are they 15 or 28 mm scale? Looks like 15... What I miss the most is some contrast between walls, rubble and ground. It's a bit bland. Then again, urban ruins ARE bland. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are for 28mm. You can see them in action (or at least see some action going on about them) HERE at Savage Timmy's Playhouse

    ReplyDelete