Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Marine Raiders


I picked up a couple of packs of Brigade Games WW2 USMC raiders from North Star Figures some time ago when they were blowing them out. I figured I can always make use of special forces types – if not in a more conventional war game, surely in some smaller scale skirmish or role-playing game (possibly involving over-the-top pulp adventure or otherworldly baddies). I’d need a few more riflemen to make a smallish force to take on my Japanese.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


Marine raiders from Brigade Games.

I suppose if I had six more riflemen I could do a small force with a small head quarters of two, and three squads of 6 men… but for now this force is as complete as I need it to be and I have no desire to go tracking down more marines for it at present…


Headquarters – Lieutenant and Sergeant


First team



Second team


Third team

Actually now that I think about it, it may have been two packs of 4 marine raiders and a pack of 6 marines with BARs and Rifles...?


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Japanese...? Probably...? Or maybe French...

16 comments:

  1. Very nice Tim. I like the fact you have reversed the camo on some of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wanted to do something to make them look a little personalized and/or maybe a bit shabby as special force/commando/raiders tend to look after a bit of time in the jungle...

      Delete
  2. These look great - the camo reminds me of the 'hearts and bunnies' Auscam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      That's funny - I've never heard it referred to as 'hearts and bunnies' before! I've only ever heard this sort of camouflage referred to as "duck hunter". I'm going to be giggling about that all night!

      Delete
  3. Great looking Raiders, Tim. A fine tribute to a peerless unit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work - love the camo details :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice work, don't often see this unit represented

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Al! I do like the oddball stuff.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Syl!

      Hopefully I'll have some more opponents for them done shortly!

      Delete