Monday, January 23, 2017

More Sci-Fi Distractions



I had a couple of evenings this week where I finished up what I needed to paint and was waiting on other stuff (glue to dry, coats of primer to dry, an opportunity to get out and cast some more miniatures, etc.), and I was feeling pretty secure having finished the 21st Battalion and all the other stuff planned for last week, so I knocked off a few things that were hovering around the edges of the painting table, partly painted…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version):


28mm Sci-fi guys from Copplestone Castings. I’ve had them for a while, but dragged them out of the drawer shortly after Rogue Stars arrived… and interested in painting them faded as interest in playing Rogue Stars faded… but they were so close  to being done, I thought it would be better just to finish them off than to just put them back in the drawer NEARLY complete…

I was kind of going with a “lost patrol” theme and using elements of both my Valhallan and Cadian Imperial Guard paint schemes.


Micro scale Falcon Grav IFVs (and a jet bike HQ Element) for my Fire Dragons


Micro scale Warp Spiders (and HQ element)


The Micro Eldar War Host so far… Currently I figured this out to be about 4000 points – not including the harlequins (which I don’t have stats or points for just yet…). That should be enough to play a small game against a few of my Marines.


At some point last year I ordered a few Celtos Elves from Brigade Models to finish up my “Elves of the Southern Isles” Warband for Dragon Rampant at the same time I ordered a few of their micro SF infantry figures (to see if they would go with my GW “epic” stuff) and at that time I also ordered this single M2A4 Blower Tank from their Hammer’s Slammers line. I painted it a few weeks ago, actually, but didn’t really have a post I could really slip it into – and didn’t really want to do and entire post on a single, micro scale tank…


Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

German Regiment!? 

8 comments:

  1. Great collection!!
    They look awesome!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting grab bag from your painting desk! I especially like the 28mm Copplestone figures. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice post! The CC minis are indeed excellently painted. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your lost patrol, is that a no to rogue stars or a can't be bothered?
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not saying "NO" at this point... I was really excited about Rogue Stars, but then it ended up being a bit different that what I expected. I DO still want to give it a try at some point and see if the book keeping is as onerous as it looks like from the read through. But there are a LOT of games I want to try out at the moment (Men Who Would Be Kings, Faustus Furius, Dragon Rampant, Future War Commander, En Garde, Pikeman's Lament, Fear and Faith, Flying Lead, Frostgrave, etc, etc...), so I may not get to it right away... I saw someone posted some rules for making it more streamlined or simplified for running at conventions and introducing new people to it, I may have a go at those...

      They're coming out with some interesting expansions for Mutants and Death Ray Guns (and miniatures!) - so I may go that route for a sci-fi skirmish.

      Delete