Wednesday, February 17, 2010

More Space Stuff


Carrying on with the sci-fi stuff….

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


Thanks to El Grego I an now able to identify some of these space ships if found in some “junk” boxes. This one is actually just PART of a Behemoth Class Battleship from Grenadier’s Stellardate: 2998 range of crafts. As I'm not sure I ever even HAD the fore section I'm just going to use this as-is...

I have a few more I’ll be painting up over the next little bit, as well as a few Aerotech2 ships I just picked up off ebay… and maybe some Silent Death minis I’ve set my sights on…

Meanwhile, down “Dirtside”, on the skirmish side of things…


These are two Future Troopers of some sort from I-Kore’s VOID game. I picked up a PILE of these out of a bargain bin for $1 per pack… I just don’t get it… People just can’t see past minis that are tied to systems being useable for anything other than THAT SYSTEM…


As alluded to in the previous post I have a few Games Workshop Imperial Guardsmen I’m painting up as well to be the above troopers nemesis – a rival mercenary outfit that always happens to turn up on the opposing side, no matter where they go…

9 comments:

  1. Hi Tim:

    I totally agree with you on this:

    "I just don’t get it… People just can’t see past minis that are tied to systems being useable for anything other than THAT SYSTEM…"

    A good mini is a good mini and should be used whenever and wherever it works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I guess I can't complain TOO much - it's because of these fickle tunnel-vision gamers that I've gotten some CrAzY deals of cool figures from "dead" games!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tim, quick question... do you black-line "manually" after painting a mini in base colours or do you primer black and leave the areas you want black lined?

    I'm quessing the last, as you're quite productive and that would be a nice short cut to speed the process up. If so, what paints do you use?

    How about a step by step on how the mighty Tim paints up a mini? =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhm, disregard my previous request for a step by step on your painting method. Noticed you did exactly that in 2008. =) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude, you can't play IKore figures and GW figures in the SAME GAME!!! That's crazy talk!!

    FWIW, my word verification for this post was "mitygw."

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah, prime black, leave the lines... I've meant to do other step-by-step posts - especially how-to-do other camouflages... but it just takes so damn much time!

    Maybe I should rename it "CrAzY Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog"....?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got a ton of old silent death ships that I'm willing to part with. If you don't find what you need on ebay, perhaps a deal could be reached?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Brendan - post a comment (which I won't actually publish) with an email address I can contact you at...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent camo scheme Tim! I am always amazed at your painting - so effective.

    Cheers
    Mark

    ReplyDelete