Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Blast from the (Future) Past

Below are some old (OLD!) Imperial Guardsmen. Actually some weren't Imperial Guardsmen, they were space pirates but gen-u-ine Imperial Guardsmen were tricky to come by 20+ years ago in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada when I purchased and painted these...

I've been having a hankering to play some Sci-fi skirmish gaming and have started painting up some more "modern" Imperial Guardsmen (more on that in a moment) and I've been thinking it's about time I updated these... so their off to the Pinesol bath shortly and I kind of wanted to have some record of what they originally looked like.

(Remember: click on the pictures for a slightly bigger version)

4 comments:

  1. I had some of those very same models. I even had a beastman guardsman back when you could have mutants in the Imperial Guard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah! I totally forgot about those! Never had any myself...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These aregreat. I too acquired a pack or two of these figures years ago, but for some reason I never knew what they were as I got them out of a bargin bin as individual figures, I them as a sort of futuristic UN peace keeping force (lots of blue), to be used with Traveller/Snapshot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nostalgic. We used those figures for a Gamma World campaign quite a few years back now! Great to see them again.

    ReplyDelete