Saturday, September 25, 2010

More Turks and Canucks


The last of the toy orders arrived Friday. That purchase number over on the left won’t change for the rest of the year – I swear!! Those that arrived included 30 Turkish Riflemen, four officers, and two machinegun teams, five T-34/76, some Soviet mortars and casualties, some German tank crew and casualties, more Battle Honors Japanese (including some mortars), and a few moderns (mostly British)

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


These fellows are from Copplestone Castings. They are not the ones that recently arrived. I picked these up earlier in the summer. I now have another four making their way in the painting queue. What on earth am I going to do with all those officers!? Oh, I know! Make more units of Turks!!


Another lot of Canadians. Once again this lot is a mix of Artizan Designs, Crusader Miniatures, West Wind Productions, and, I think, First Corps...? (including an AT gun crew… that doesn’t yet have a gun!!?)

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

One more lot of Canadians and all the foot are done (for now). Then I just have to finish the three Shermans and a Universal Carrier. After that…? I’ll probably launch into the T-34s and Soviet mortars and casualties as they will actually be useful in the very near future as well as they have upset the “all finished” status of my 28mm WW2 Soviets.

And after that…? Probably like predicting the weather more than a week away… I’d like to think I’m going to get on with some Germans or plough through the last of the British/Canadian Paras and Commandos. But then, knowing myself I’ll probably do something like start painting the Italians or something…

There’s also the dozen of so modern British that are now upsetting the “all finished” status of my 28mm Modern Military types….

5 comments:

  1. Nice work Tim. I love the Turks an yes there is a 1st Corps figure n your batch of Canadians. You can't miss the pose.

    Cheers,

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome figures as usual, how do you get such tight lines for the shadows? Are you painting those in, using a pen, or are you using a really controlled wash?

    Jason
    http://reinwood99.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers!

    None of the above. I under paint black, then paint the areas the colour I want them. Anything that you see that is black outline/shade are just areas that I didn't apply paint to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Turks. What colors did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers!

    I do a lot of my own mixing. Lets call it "Fawn"... It's mostly a mix of Folk Art Artists Pigment #237 "Fawn" (Which is a darker Khaki sort of colour) and Decoart Americana "Fawn" (which is a lighter tan colour). I may have added in a touch of brown and/or green...? I can't remember I mixed up a whole bottle of it some time ago. It's my "medium khaki" (I use the Folk Art "Fawn" as my "dark Khaki", and the Americana "fawn" as my "light Khaki")

    The collars and shoulder boards and trim of their hats is a darkish olivey green-like colour... Um... I forget which one... probably Decoart Americana "Plantation Pine"...? One source said it should be olive green, another said dark green... so I went with dark olive.

    ReplyDelete