Thursday, June 16, 2011

More for the Arena


A couple more for our upcoming Savage Saturday Gladiator Campaign (action starts this Saturday)

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


Most of these are from Crusader Miniatures, except the guy in the black mask who, I think, is from Wargames Foundry .

The gladiator is for my “team” – I’ve chosen to do them all with white loincloths and reddish shields. The guy with the mask is some sort of arena official. The other two I’m going to use as “motivators”. I’m not sure what they did historically, but if players aren’t closing I’m going to have them out there to start shooting arrows/chucking javelins at them – because I can see situations where we might have two guys with “first strike” (an edge that gives the character a free close combat attack against one opponent that moves into contact with them per round) not wanting to close with one another because… well… they’d give up that free attack. Also if people are spending to much time talking sh!t to each other (taunting and intimidating – tests of will - in an attempt to gain some edge over their opponent).

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Same as always… Gladiators… Zulus… British… (John’s Descent figures... maybe I better finish them off tonight… )

1 comment: