Tuesday, June 28, 2011

More Zulu War British Infantry


As mentioned the other day… I had a FEW british units on the go and nearly finished, so here then, is the other one…

(Remember: click on the pictures for a bigger version)


The figures are from Wargames Foundry. With the yellow facings and black ammuniton pouches these were meant to be the 99th Foot (Lanarkshire) which marched with the No.1 Column under Col. Pearson and fought at the battle of Nyezane and were ultimately besieged at Eshowe. Later they formed part of the 1st Brigade in the second invasion of Zululand.

The 80th Foot also had yellow facings… I may try to pass these off as them at some point as well. I don’t know about the 80th’s ammunition pouches.


Another odd officer from the surplus Foundry pack of goofy cartoony command types…

Coming soon on Tim’s Miniature Wargaming Blog:

I now have three units of British infantry (two line, one rilfe), the gatling gun and a 7 –pdr gun… time to get cracking on some ZULUS!!!

…of course if I DID do one more unit of British (maybe the HIGHLANDERS!?) I could form a nice neat four battalion square?!

Aye-yi-yi?!

2 comments: