Monday, August 10, 2020

Daemon World Terrain - Part 2

I cranked out a few more pieces of terrain for our Daemon World Campaign in a panic over the weekend - some were still drying as we played this afternoon (game report coming soon!). 

All the new bits. 

Monoliths - one for each of the Chaos Gods: Nurlge, Khorne, Tzeentch, Slaanesh. 

Pointy outcroppings 

MORE Pointy Outcroppings

STILL More Pointy outcroppings - of a more linear variety. 

It's occurred to me that I neglected to put minis in these photos for a scale reference... Well... They're pretty big and definitely Line-of-Sight-Blocking for most infantry and probably some tanks and larger things too... Titans... not-so-much. 

The Game Report is up next, there will be LOADS of photos in that and you'll be able to see them all. I'm pretty happy with how all of these turned out - considering how hastily I put them together. Had I more time, I might have done things a bit... cleaner... but these do the job. Maybe some day I'll go back in and clean them up a bit.

Probably not. 


Coming Soon to Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog:

Daemon World Campaign - Scenario #2 - Desecrate the Monoliths!

4 comments:

  1. Great scenery in these Daemon World games Tim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr. Tar! It's been a lot of fun making this terrain - an a lot of fun playing on it. It feels... I don't know... RIGHT to be playing on something utterly alien for once! I just want to keep making more and more terrain like this. Amanda, however, has pointed out we have... limited space...

      Delete
  2. Hi, randomly came across your post looking for inspiration and I love your spikey monoliths. Did you use standard blue crafting foam or something like that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something like that. I think I used bits of extruded polystyrene insulation panels left over from a renovation, for those. But I've also used XPS insulation panels - which are often blue, but the stuff I've used most recently was pink.

      Delete