Sunday, August 2, 2020

RPGaDay2020 - Day Two - Change

I've got ten minutes before midnight, so let's get Day Two done on Day Two!

Rule #1 – According to my friend Jasper: WE FEAR CHANGE

(Rule#2 – which, I’m pretty sure, applied strictly to role-playing – was: “He’s Different, GET HIM!”)

Change is constant, so they say, and this year it seems to be even MORE than constant! One BIG change for me this year has been a shift from in-person gaming to online gaming – and it took a disaster the magnitude of the Covid-19 Pandemic to get me off my ass and DO that. 

For Finnegan that change meant the three D&D groups he was already playing with in town here went online. 

For me, it’s meant I’ve been able to play with, like, a Dream Team of fantastic dudes that don’t even live in Saskatoon anymore and three of whom I haven’t really been able to play with for years!  I COULD have set up an online game with them earlier… but it was seeing Finnegan do it with his local games - because he had to, to keep them going – that I think inspired me to float the idea to others. 


It's been amazing playing with these guys, and honestly, I don't know how I'd have made it through the last couple months without them! 


Coming Soon to Tim's Miniature Wargaming Blog:

RPGaDay2020 - Day 3 - Thread

Thread....? 

I don't know... I'll figure it out in the morning!?

2 comments:

  1. I’m always trying to get the Great Old Ones from my past online for a game, with very little success. They might might be more Luddite than I am.

    My Monday Online game has been that sliver of salvation in all this. And after a short but scary hiatus, the triumphant return tonight was everything positive that gaming has provided me #stoked

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I've credited Finnegan running his games online for being the final push to get me going on this, I have to admit, I'm pretty sure it was reading YOUR blog that actually FIRST put the idea in my head a year or so ago... I just... y'know... never got around to it until now!?

      Delete